In the event of a Claim please call us on: 01933 351528

Making a Claim

Life without bike = dull. So if you come a cropper - or worse, someone pinches your prize possession - you want it sorted. Fast.

While we hope that riders and drivers insured with MCE stay incident-free, we know accidents happen. If you’re the kind of rider whose first question after a spill is "Is my bike ok?" then you’ll be relieved to have MCE on your side. See what our valued customers think:

"I would also like to thank you (Alex, MCE Insurance) for your assistance and everyone who has been involved from MCE Insurance. You have done an excellent job, dealing with something that can be very stressful, very efficiently and bringing it to a swift and satisfactory conclusion. Thank you all".Toby Underwood

We run a 24-hour claims line, based in the UK, so reporting an incident is quick and easy. In most cases, you won’t even have to fill in a form, we’ll take all the details over the phone.

Before settling a claim the insurance company will require:

  • Your certificate of motor insurance
  • The vehicle registration document (V5)
  • The MOT certificate (if applicable)
  • All sets of keys
  • The vehicle purchase receipt
  • Details of any outstanding finance
  • Any other documentation you may wish the insurance company to take into account when valuing your vehicle (such as the service history).

An engineer will call you to agree a valuation subject to deductions for policy excess, finance and insurance premium yet to be paid. Once you have accepted the claims settlement amount, a cheque will be issued to you within 7 to 30 days (depending on who you are insured with).

What you need to do

If you have to make a claim, you will need to give us the following information:

  • the date, time and place of the incident
  • your registration number
  • details of any other vehicle involved
  • your name and address
  • your policy number and country of registration.

You will also need to tell us as much as you can about the circumstances of the incident. If you can do a quick sketch of the scene and position of the vehicles, that can be really helpful.

Our expert advisers will complete the claims form over the phone and send it to you for checking and signing.

Getting your car or bike repaired

If your vehicle needs to be repaired, we have a nationwide network of partnership repairers who can arrange to start work with minimum delay. We can arrange collection and redelivery for you. All our partnership repairers have been specially chosen by us to ensure a high standard of service and quality work. This is constantly under review by MCE Insurance.

If your car, van or motorcycle cannot be repaired, or the repair costs exceed the market value, it will be declared a total loss. Once this is determined, we will move the vehicle to storage. Please make sure all your personal items are removed.


When it comes to Personal Injury claims, MCE are proud to work in partnership with Fletchers Solicitors, the award winning serious injury specialist. Fletchers have been experts in motorcycle personal injury since 1987 and have worked alongside MCE for many years.

You can learn more about Fletchers and find out about some of their cases by clicking here.